Tagged Under: , , ,

egg-salad-sandwich-bacon-sriracha

By: BlogGuest On: 6:58 PM
  • Let's Get Social




  • I’m usually not a big fan of egg salad sandwiches, in fact just the name alone is enough for me to gag, but for some reason this particular eggs salad sandwich is SOO good I could eat it every day. Must be the bacon and Sriracha, I LOVE me some heat!


    If I’m meal prepping for the week I will often double this recipe. This is also a really easy and delicious lunch to go option, just cook the bacon and prepare the egg salad mixture in advance, pack in separate containers and just store in a refrigerator. Done and done.


    Ingredients
    2 turkey bacon slices
    1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
    2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon plain fat free Greek yogurt
    1 ½ tsp. Sriracha…(lets be honest, I use maybe 1 ½-2 tbsp.…I love Sriracha.)
    ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    Pinch of kosher salt
    6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped. (I do 3 egg whites and 3 eggs with the yolk)
    2 cup arugula
    8 whole-grain bread slices.

    Directions:
    Cook bacon in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until crisp. 

    Remove bacon from pan; crumble and set aside. Combine onions and the next 5 ingredients (through salt). Gently stir in eggs.

    Arrange ½ cup arugula on each of 4 bread slices. Top each serving with 1/3 cup egg mixture, ½ slice crumbled bacon, and 1 bread slice.

    Note:
    The sandwich is only 300 calories and 18.4 grams of protein.

    Enjoy!




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment